Wi-Fi module for monitoring and programming a solar charge controller through the mobile app; includes 1.9m cable.
This innovative Wi-Fi module plugs into your solar charge controller and creates a Wi-Fi network. Then using your mobile phone with the free Solar Station app, you can connect to this Wi-Fi network to monitor parameters of the solar charge controller (Tracer TR/ PTR series, VS****BN, LS**24B , and PU series controllers only). The Solar Station app can also be used to change charging and load settings of your solar system.
The Solar Station app is available to download for iOS devices here. For Android devices, the app is based on the solar controller model that the wi-fi kit is connected to:
- For PTRxxxxAN or TRxxxxAN series solar controllers, you can download the Android app here
- For all other compatible solar controllers, you can download the Android app here
You may need to allow third party app installations in your phone settings.
The Solar Station mobile app allows you to have full control over the charging process, and can display various charging parameters such as voltage, current (separately for solar panel / load), battery state of charge etc. It can also store accumulated charge and discharge energy, as well as min / max voltage readings.
By adding this Wi-Fi module to your solar charge controller, you will also unlock a range of exclusive settings in the Solar Station app which give you far greater control over your solar system. With access to this vast range of charging parameters, you will be able to:
- Amend the battery type and capacity
- Select charging volts for different charging stages
- Specify the duration of each charging stage
- Create a user-defined battery type with charging parameters specific to your battery (if the pre-existing options are unsuitable)
- Personalise the 'load' settings - e.g. set timers for lighting, fans, pumps
LED indicators on the unit also show power and network status. This unit also has incredibly low power consumption.
This Wi-Fi box has a Wi-Fi radius of 50 metres and comes fully equipped with 1.9m of cable with RJ45 connectors (this can be replaced with a shorter or longer connection cable of your own). Please note, for controllers with a RS485 port, an additional RS485 to RJ45 cable will be required for connection. Please note: this remote meter is not suitable for dual battery solar charge controllers.
Wi-Fi Module Specifications:
- Wi-Fi radius of 50m
- Compatible with TR, PTR, VS****BN, LS**24B and PU series controllers
- Cable length: 1.9m
- Connection: RJ45
- Self-consumption: 0.2W (standby) 0.25W (operation)
- Port baud rate: 300bps-230400bps (default 115200bps)
- Enclosure: IP30
- Dimensions: 51 x 67 x 24.5mm
- Weight: 40g
- Mounting holes for ease of installation
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.